Click Here for a PDF
Marching Band Survival Guide! 2018
Welcome to band camp!!! We will be learning a lot of new things and working very hard in the coming weeks. Here is a list of tips so that you know what to prepare for and to expect:
- Eat Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner every day! You will be exercising more than you may be used to, so be sure to have something GOOD every day! And NO JUNK FOOD!
- Bring sunblock for when we are outside. July and August sun will be brutal if you don’t bring protection.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, towel, for blocking the sun
- Drink a lot of water – staying hydrated is very important. We will have water coolers when we are outside, but bring a water bottle to fill up and drink from.
- Bug spray – also not a bad idea.
- Get plenty of rest each night.
- Wear closed-toed shoes (no flip flops or sandals!)
- Wear deodorant. NO SPRAY STUFF like axe or smelly perfumes!!!
- Dress comfortably; we will be moving and exercising a lot so be comfortable in what you wear
- Don’t be afraid to mess up. We have a lot of new people in band this year, which is very exciting. It might take you a while to catch on to what we are doing. Just stick with it!!! It will get better.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR INSTRUMENT. Do I really need to put this on here?
Be prepared for hard work and a lot of fun. If you have any other questions about what camp is like, feel free to call Mr. Ayers and ask